Saturday, May 19, 2007

Too Tired to Sleep...

Well after 30 hours of being awake traveling, eating, drinking and sightseeing, I found myself unable to get a good nights rest. Perhaps I shouldn’t have sampled all of those fine espressos. But non the less, I enjoyed a complimentary breakfast at the hotel which included, hard boiled eggs, proschuto, croissant, baguettes, and yes cafe. That’s my idea of continental breakfast. Wake up America, I think you can learn something here.

The Hotel is set right in the middle of Grenoble. It is a great city thriving with college life. The river runs through town, and the foothills of the Alps surround it. In fact the winter Olympics were held very close to here in 1992. Today we have our first show. We will be loading in around 3pm and if I am not mistaken, we begin playing around 8. We have had 400 presale tickets and are expecting many more at the door. It should be a warm welcome to France. I will probably spend most of the morning preparing for the gig.

So far the people have been great. Although I know very little of the language, I am trying and I can tell they appreciate it. And don’t worry; although not any folks indulge in fine deodorant here, I will be free of body odor for a while. It appears my mouthwash spilt in my luggage on the flight over. Now I will be minty fresh!

So I am off for now. I am not sure how accessible the Internet will be for the next few days but I will post again ASAP.

No comments: